- This event has passed.
Eastern & Atlantic Joint Regional Conference
9 December 2022 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
(RE)defining retention, persistence and resilience
Welcome to our first hybrid Eastern and Atlantic Regional LSAC conference! This year we aim to come together in community and create space to explore ideas, programming, and initiatives that have both worked well over the past two years and those that didn’t land as we expected but that we learned a lot from. What new initiatives have you tried? What are areas for growth and change? How are connections being made? How do we support one another? How did you learn to support yourself differently?
This conference is welcoming presentations on themes broadly related to retention, persistence, and resilience. Topics may include (but are not limited to):
- Integrating equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and decolonization into our work
- Building connections through mentorship, either among students or professionals
- Empowering student or staff mental health, wellbeing, and resilience
- Shifts in student programming or supports over the pandemic years
- Supporting student skills such as research, writing, note taking, and/or numeracy
- Supporting metacognition, self-management, and other learning strategies
- Supporting students and staff in transition
- Communicating across languages and cultures
- Entering the field or your workplace in a virtual environment
Register here: http://lsac.wildapricot.org/event-5038556
Presentations can take the format of lecture seminars where you share information, of interactive workshops where you discuss and ask attendee participation, or you are welcome to suggest your own format such as a panel or other innovative session type. Share your established programs or new pilots and prototypes in progress!
This year’s presentations will be assessed and selected via peer review! If you are submitted a presentation you will be asked to also contribute to the peer review process.